THE KEY TO THE KINGDOM


...any guesses? Its beliefs, but not quite in the sense that you might be referencing it. The key to the kingdom is wrapped up in a conversation that my daughter and I had today. She is five years old, three months from six.

Maddy: Daddy, how do you talk to God?

Shay: He is a friend of mine. Don’t you talk to friends?

Maddy: Yeah, but I see my friends. I never see God.

Shay: That’s the best thing about Jesus. Ever since He started walking with me, I see Him all the time. When I get up, when I drive, when I work, when I play....He’s always around.

Maddy: Even though you can’t see Him?

Shay: Once you’re good friends with Him, you’ll see Him too.

Maddy: When will that happen?

Shay: In the future.

Maddy: Third grade?

My daughter is so awesome. She treats everyone very well and works at helping the world as best she can. She’s in a private Christian school. They discuss faith-based topics in class. She often comes home with questions about faith. I look at it as a great opportunity for her to start out life ahead of the game. Even if she has a different faith as an adult, or no faith, she will go through her younger years knowing that the most powerful force on Earth works on her behalf.

We live in a small house. Maybe 1500 square feet. But its on a decent sized piece of land. So we have a very large backyard. For a long time I have seen some interesting things back there, and in the house. I tell my girls, my wife and daughter, that angels hang out with us. They not only protect us, but they congregate, and they do whatever it is angels do.

I’ve been feeling the presence of angels for a long time. So much so that one of my best books is about them. I don’t talk to them, or worship them, or anything like that. But they are there, and they remind me they are there. They have put a couple things around our property to remind me that one day I’ll be working for God too, but in a different way than I do now. I don’t pledge to have all the answers, but the comfort of knowing God’s servants appreciate my family and what we do on His behalf is very gratifying.

Teach your kids about the Christ! Make sure they start off life on the straight and narrow path. Regardless of mistakes made further down the line, they will always benefit from hearing about the best moral standards that exist. Being close to Jesus at any time of life is a really big deal! I continually pray that everyone eventually gets to know how awesome it is to have God Himself walking around, caring for their loved ones, and rejoicing when they start discussing their blossoming faith.

The future is what the future is. But kids should start off with Jesus. That is the best way to provide them with a stable foundation for the rest of life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing but Chris and Christ alone

power of Holly spirit

The Holly martyr